Apogee Integration is seeking a MBSE Systems Engineer to work in Chantilly, VA:
- The team is responsible for supporting independent verification, validation and test in support of mission closure, overseeing the readiness process in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers.
- This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission closure.
- The customer is looking for an integrated approach to implementing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), which is the formalized application of modeling to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification and validation activities beginning in the conceptual design phase and continuing throughout development and later life cycle phases.
- This is not simply analytic modeling, but is more focused on efficient integration of architecture, requirements, CONOPS, etc. to ensure a more unified enterprise baseline.
- This position will serve as a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) practitioner for a program supporting the many processes, events and projects across the customer's offices.
- The candidate will perform technical planning, define specifications that incorporate software, hardware, data requirements and technologies to establish an integrated tool framework and data architecture that supports Model Based Systems Engineering.
- This individual defines the appropriate data standards, data structures, and supporting COTS, GOTS, and Open Source technologies required to manage the data needs.
- They are a technical resource in the planning of data models, plans and database structural designs for development and integration into the customer’s data management structure.
- They will integrate enterprise tools supporting requirements engineering and the customer's ERB process, CONOPS and architecture development, Risk, Issues and Opportunity Management boards, schedule management, test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess processes, data flows and relationships to create efficiencies and the underlying metadata structure to allow sharing of data within the customer's Rational Tool Suite including DOORS Next Generation, Rhapsody and other COTS tools.
- The candidate will support meetings between the tool and data users and the tool development team and requires a strong system engineering background.
- The candidate provides technical advice and guidance to senior managers regarding the creation and implementation of new data standards and data storage capabilities and will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
- BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree
- An in-depth knowledge and practical application of UML and SysML modeling languages and experience applying this common structure to an MBSE solution
- Knowledge and proficiency in using a Rhapsody or other UML based Architecture tool
- Knowledge of standard DoDAF and MoDAF architectural views
- Experience with systems engineering processes in support of system life cycle development
- Experience in architecture, requirements engineering, CONOPS development, verification, test and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering
- Experience in MBSE implementation and data architecture and integration ranging from conceptual to physical implementations; including Metadata Strategies, Data Modeling, Data Ingest, Storage and Search & Retrieval.
- Proven communication skills especially with tools developers and senior government officials
- Proven experience preparing and providing recommendations for IT and data standards
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and
- Ability to lead and influence
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally in the work environment with customers and colleagues
- Responsible and reliable; follows up on actions and the ability to multi task
About APOGEE INTEGRATION…Applied Intelligence!
For 18 years, our core team of engineering professionals have provided the domain expertise and integrated products that serve as a primary means of analysis for leading decision makers throughout the Intelligence Community. We are honored to be able to serve our customers and are dedicated to providing products and services to ensure their long-term success.
Combining innovation with practical results and a proven commitment to customer care, our full life-cycle expertise covers the continuum of engineering needs:
Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, Geospatial Analysis, 3D Interactive Visualization, Network Engineering, Systems Administration, Information Assurance, Systems Engineering, Modeling & Simulation, Space Protection, Enterprise Requirements.
Although clearly focused on The Mission, at APOGEE, we realize that our staff or APOGEE-niuses are our greatest assets. We are committed to a high performance culture and provide an environment that challenges our employees to be exceptional. We provide World Class Health & Wellness, Retirement & Savings, Time Off and Beyond the Basics Benefits.
Health & Wellness
United Healthcare, Guardian Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability and Health Savings Account.
Retirement & Savings
Apogee wants to ensure that every Apogee-nius can participate and grow a meaningful retirement nest egg without losing the flexibility to save for other goals. To provide this flexibility, the Company provides a 401(k) that enables Apogee to contribute up to 7% of your gross salary to your retirement.
Apogee offers a 401(k) plan to all our employees. You are eligible to participate in the plan beginning on the first of the month following 3 months of employment. You may contribute up to 20% of your gross wages each pay period on a pre-tax basis. Apogee will match 100% of your contribution to the 401(k) up to 7% of your gross salary. The maximum dollar amount you can contribute for 2017, per the IRS, is $18,000. The Vesting period for Apogee matching contributions is 3 years. The Apogee 401(k) is administered by Fidelity Investments. Fidelity provides Apogee 401(k) plan users a wide selection of investment choices including index funds, managed funds, stocks and bonds tailored for your investments goals and years till retirement. The goal of the Apogee Retirement Plan is to help you maximize annual retirement growth and savings while providing you the flexibility to meet other personal financial goals.
26 days off annually from a mixture of fixed, floating and earned personal time off!
Apogee-niuses are on-the-go! Apogee provides our Apogee-niuses up to $1,000 Mobility Bonus for Broadband Internet and Cellphone services. Apogee has an on-line time & expense system and interactive website that is integral for our business processes. To ensure that you stay in touch with the Apogee-nome, your customers, and check on the latest Apogee tweets and texts, cellphone access is key. This bonus is paid out quarterly in the amount of $250.
Professional Development Assistance (PDA) Plan
Apogee provides its Apogee-niuses with PDA toward management-approved training, tuition, continuing education, and conferences. Annual cap is $5,250. Apogee assists by offering software, books and the training you need to excel in your job. Apogee will purchase for you any approved materials that apply to your job.
Apogee Integration is an M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Reach your peak and become an Apogee-nius! Today!